неделя, 15 ноември 2009 г.

Nikova Vaptsarov

Nikola Vaptsarov (1909- 1942)
Vaptsarov was born in the town Bansko. He was a student in The High School in the town Razlog. After that he was a student in The Military School in Varna. And after that he was a probationer on a warship in the port of Burgas. He traveled to Istanbul, Alexandria,Cyprus by warships. When he finished school, he worked as an editor, mechanic in a factory, stoker in a train and his life used to be very difficult. In 1940 he published his one and only book of poetry. In 1942 Vaptsarov was given a death sentence and was killed because he was a member of an illegal group of anti- fascists.

ON PARTING

                                    To My Wife

Sometimes I'll come when you're asleep,
An unexpected visitor.
Don't leave me outside in the street.
Don't bar the door!
I'll enter quietly, softly sit.
And gaze upon you in the dark.
Then when my eyes have gazed their fill,
I'll kiss you and depart